How Tea Helps In Promoting A Healthier Lifestyle – Do you drink a lot of tea? Are you a routine tea drinker? If yes, then you are on the correct path, as there are various health advantages of consuming tea and its varieties.
For thousands of years, tea has been a famous drink across the world, from being a medicinal beverage to being a relaxation drink. Various kinds of tea are obtained from processing Camellia sinensis leaves.
The major health-promoting elements in tea are polyphenols, to be specific catechins and epicatechins. Lab and animal research say these elements have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features.
What is tea?
Tea is a refreshing beverage that is made by saturating tea leaves in boiling water. Tea has various health benefits, and it is generally used as a medicinal herb. It is an aromatic beverage and is a very popular drink across the globe.
Tea Helps In Promoting A Healthier Lifestyle
Here are a few of the health advantages of drinking tea regularly:
- Contains antioxidants: Antioxidants help in avoiding cell damage. All ranges of tea are known to consist of high levels of antioxidant polyphenols that help to keep you healthy and refreshed at all times.
- Lowers stress: Black tea gradually decreases stress levels. Black tea assists in handling sudden stress triggers effectively, varying from going through hardships at work and/or troubles in personal life.
- Reduces risk of heart attack: Accumulation of blood clots in the heart usually is the reason for heart attacks and strokes. Black tea assists in lowering the risk of a fatal heart attack in a tea drinker.
- Lowers blood pressure: Tea lowers the risk of high blood pressure levels approximately by 50%. Green and oolong tea are vastly effective in this respect.
Aids Digestive System:
Green tea is famous as an after-meal digestive. It consists of polyphenols and antioxidants that assist in reducing gas and flatulence. Herbal tea helps in digestion and encourages a healthy digestive system.
- Increases metabolism: Green tea accelerates metabolism by burning close to 70-80 calories.
- Reduces insomnia: Rooibos, also called as red tea, is renowned for its relaxing impacts and pacifies irritation and inflammation in the body. Rooibos is caffeine-free as it is a shrub taken as a tea. It also assists in accelerating concentration in children.
- Keeps blood sugar levels in check: Catechin and polysaccharides in the tea can assist in lowering your blood sugar levels.
- Fight infection: Alkylamine antigens present in tea enhance the body’s immune system and help to give a tough fight to infections in the body.
- Best medicine for arthritis: Tea drinkers are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis than those who do not consume it at all.
- Protects against cavities and gum diseases: Consuming green tea every day assists in protecting your teeth against gum disease, bad breath, and cavities.
- Helps manage weight: The procedure of oxidation is extended in the case of black tea compared to other varieties, such as green, white, or oolong tea. Consuming around three cups of black tea regularly for three months assists in managing weight.
These health advantages of consuming tea can help improve your overall physical and mental health.
Different kinds of healthy tea options
Here is a compilation of 10 types of healthy herbal teas:
- Peppermint tea
- Ginger Tea
- Hibiscus tea
- Sage tea
- Green tea
- Oolong tea
- Black tea
- Yellow tea
- Nilgiri tea
How many times should you consume tea in a day?
You can consume tea 5 to 7 times a day. However, consuming more than 9 cups of tea can adversely impact your health. Various kinds of tea consist of caffeine. Excess caffeine intake can lead to anxiety, mood swings, and digestive problems. In addition, excessive tea intake can result in a low iron intake.
The main health benefit of consuming tea and its types is that they are remarkable for your health in various ways. Think about having it without sugar or milk to make use of maximum advantages!
It may sound weird, but the built-in flavor of your loved tea is the major aspect. Healthy lifestyle adaptations are easy to make when they’re convenient, eye-catching, and readily available—and tea is all of the above. If you have an electric kettle, it takes usually no time to make yourself a cup. When you exclude sugar-laden beverages like soda for tea—loose leaf and tea bags—you’re making an ideally smart decision.
FAQs on How Tea Helps in Promoting a Healthier Lifestyle
Question1. What are the benefits of drinking tea?
Answer. There are various benefits of drinking tea such as the best medicine for arthritis, helping manage weight, keeping blood sugar levels managed, fighting infection, reducing ammonia, and so on.